Since racks are heavy and bulky, they typically ship LTL ground service with common carrier trucking companies that are somewhat difficult to deal with if something goes wrong.
That's why we ship FOB Destination, as opposed to most other vendors who ship FOB Origin.
Shipping FOB Destination offers you the peace of mind you are looking for:
- We will make sure you receive the product you ordered hassle-free and damage-free.
- We deal with the shipping company to resolve any problems, taking that burden off of you. Our clients are spared the headache of dealing with shipping companies. One phone call to Rackit, and we take care of the rest.
- In case the product arrives damaged, even if the damage is concealed and was discovered only later, we take care of damage claims with the shipping company, and make sure you receive a new product to replace the damaged one.
- No need for you to file damage claims with the shipping companies that sometimes get entirely denied.
- No need for you to wait long weeks for a damage claim restitution from a shipping company, that more often than not is only partial.
If you're encountering any problems with delivery, or you have received damaged product, please call Rackit immediately (and no later that 72 hours after receiving delivery) to benefit from our FOB Destination shipping terms.
We assess Shipping and Handling charges based on the size of the order, its destination, and any accessorial services required (such as Liftgate, Inside Delivery and Notification).
We negotiate extremely competitive rates with the shipping companies we use, and pass those savings on to our clients. We do, however, retain the right to keep this information confidential.
When asked by the client to ship collect with a specific shipper, we then ship FOB Origin, and do not charge any Shipping and Handling charges.
When shipping with common carrier trucking company, the truck backs up to a loading dock and the shipment – one big carton or numerous boxes typically placed on a pallet – gets unloaded to the loading dock with a forklift. Occasionally, some additional Accessorial Services might be required:
- When the client has no loading dock, a Liftgate service is required, allowing the shipment to get unloaded and brought down to the street level.
- If the client needs the shipment brought inside their facility, Inside Delivery service is required.
- If the client requests to be notified in advance as to when the shipping company will be making delivery, a Notification service is required.
NOTE: When you ask us to ship with a carrier of your choice and charge freight "Collect" or "3rd Party", we then ship FOB Origin, passing responsibility for the shipment to you at the time the shipment is being delivered to your carrier.