Power Distribution, Remote Control and Consumption Analysis & Management.
IT equipment racks are power-hungry. High-density installations require easy access to power for each individual piece of equipment. Reliable power distribution is a key cornerstone to every mission critical data center.
Increased equipment-density and more power-hungry equipment, however, present some additional challenges that go beyond the mere physical power distribution, such as:
- Efficiency of power utilization
- Over-heating vs. over-cooling
- Power load, capacity and balancing
- Managing overall data-center energy usage
- Preventative maintenance of power lines, circuit breakers, PDUs, and individual outlets
- Outlet-level grouping, power sequencing and remote control
Rackit's power solutions cover a wide range of needs and requirements for rack and data-center power management, including:
Power IQ – Centralized energy management system for environment and power metering, monitoring and management, including control of multiple intelligent PDUs, measure, monitor, retain, report and analyze power-usage and environment conditions at any level – data center, rack, department, equipment type – from a single screen, to:
- Make informed capacity planning decisions
- Use power resources more efficiently
- Improve uptime
- Reduce capital expenditures and save on operating expenses
- Measure PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) and drive green data center initiatives
Centralized energy management also provides centralized monitoring, graceful OS shutdown, outlet control, powerful analytics of your costs, line capacities, carbon footprint and rack temperature.
Intelligent Rack Power Distribution Units (PDUs) distribute power from a single input to multiple receptacles, to provide easy access to power for each piece of equipment in any size rack plus offer real-time remote unit-level and individual outlet-level power metering, monitoring and switching.
- Power metering, crucial for rack load capacity and balancing to insure breakers are not tripped by exceeding maximum current capacity. Additional information including voltage, wattage and power factor provide a more comprehensive power overview ideal for preventative maintenance and rack diagnostics.
- Power monitoring of current (amps), voltage, power (kVA, kW), power factor, energy consumption (kWh) with ISO/IEC +/- 1% billing-grade accuracy, temperature and humidity. Monitored PDUs provides site managers with the ability to check status of PDUs, lines, circuit breakers and individual outlets. Monitored PDUs provides information on power usage, threshold monitoring and historical data all via remote IP access from the comfort of their desk. Alarming of tripped variables can be accessed via email, SNMP trap, XML or local alarm.
- Power switching allows a data center professional to control the strip from a remote location. With the click of a few buttons a user can remotely provision (turn on), reboot and switch individual outlets and groups of outlets with user-configurable, outlet-level delays for power sequencing.
KVM Switch, Server Rack, LAN management cables, KVM Switches, rackmount, computer rack