Centralized Energy Management and Power Monitoring System.
How much power is really left in those racks? Do we really need those additional racks and power whips?!? – For datacenter managers and facility managers.
Consider the benefits to your enterprise if you could...:
1. Leverage hidden power capacity in your racks and datacenter - to add gear without adding racks and power
2. Prevent outages caused by unexpectedly over-loaded circuits - to maintain overall system uptime
3. Reduce overall cooling requirements - to reduce cooling costs
4. Measure and document your conformance to "green initiative" & "carbon footprint" requirements - to advance corporate environmental objectives
5. Record and chargeback departmental power usage - to more fairly allocate costs and recover valuable IT resources
6. Reduce overall facility power costs -- significantly while enhancing your team’s reputation for strategic contributions
PowerIQ® provides all this by delivering clear visibility into historical and real-time power usage of every datacenter device you track – even down to the outlet level if desired. Find untapped power resources and reduce all your energy-related costs; in raw power, as well as in unnecessary additional racks, wiring and electrical work.
Power IQ® is a centralized energy management system that manages all your Ethernet enabled rack power distribution units and in-line meters from one system.
Power IQ automates power control and provides vendor agnostic centralized power monitoring, agent-less graceful OS shutdown and outlet control.
Power IQ enables powerful thermal and energy analytics reporting of your energy consumption, temperature readings, active power, costs, line capacities carbon footprint and rack temperature.
Through one Web browser, the scalable Power IQ manages APC®, Avocent®, Baytech®, Cyber Switching®, Geist, HP, Knurr®, Liebert, MRV, Raritan®, Rittal®, Server Technology® and UNITE™ rack PDUs, UPSs and more.
Trending reports and cumulative totals can be displayed at the data center, floor, room, rack, customer and IT device level. You can generate customer energy bill-back cost reports in local currency with one click.
Power IQ is open database compliant (ODBC) and provides a Web Service API for easy integration with enterprise management systems, scripts and tools.
Security is ensured with standards-based authentication, Web session timeout and IP-based access control.
Power IQ helps you become more effective in power capacity management and efficient in energy consumption by providing:
- Agent-less graceful shutdown of Windows®, Linux® and Unix® device groups
- Psychrometric chart to calculate possible energy savings from simply increasing temperature
- Energy cost bill-back reports to drive behavior
- Decommission flags to forecast energy savings when eliminating servers
- Baseline consumption and changes of various energy saving initiatives
- Capture peak loads under compute stress to identify excess power capacity in the rack
- Simplifies PX PDUs configuration and firmware management
With its ODBC API for easy integration with enterprise management systems and built-in security, Power IQ enables powerful thermal and energy analytics reporting of your energy consumption, temperature readings, active power, costs, line capacities, carbon footprint and rack temperature. Available as either a hardware appliance or a virtual appliance running on any VMware® platform, Power IQ automates power control and provides vendor agnostic centralized power monitoring, unattended graceful OS shutdown and outlet control.
Power IQ puts you in total control while increasing power utilization, optimizing cooling distribution and reducing overall power costs in the data center. Power IQ is available as either a hardware appliance or a virtual appliance running on any VMware® platform, and is offered in models managing and monitoring anywhere from 10 to 5,000 devices. Devices equal a monitored IP address. For example, a single Dominion PX equals one device or a single APC PDU equals one device. Because environmental probes do not need IP addresses, they would not be considered devices.
Virtual appliance prices include 1-year software support.
Hardware appliance prices include 1-year software support and 2-year hardware warranty.
KVM Switch, Server Rack, LAN management cables, KVM Switches, rackmount, computer rack