PX PDUs feature an RJ-12 connector for adding optional, fully integrated plug-and-play environmental monitoring sensors.
These sensors increase efficiency with ASHRAE guidelines by monitoring temperature and humidity to identify hot spots, providing data that can result with confidently raising the ambient temperature of your data center to reduce cooling power consumption and manage static problems.
LED indication gets illuminated if sensor is plugged in and detected, providing confidence that environmental sensors are functioning and properly monitoring the data center environment.
Users can define thresholds and receive alerts when thresholds are crossed for both power and environmental events.
Available Sensor Models
- PX-T1 – Single temperature sensor, 10-feet cable.
- PX-T1H1 – Single-Combo temperature+humidity sensor, 10-feet cable.
- PX-T2H2 – Dual-Combo temperature+humidity sensor, 10-feet cable (to 1st combo-probe) + 10-feet cable (from 1st combo-probe to 2nd combo-probe) – for a total of 20-feet.
- PX-SensorHub – A 4-port hub for PX environment sensors; Comes with mounting brackets and RJ12 cable to connect to PX PDU.
Integration with KVM Switches
PX PDUs can be connected to KVM switches (Dominion KX II; Paragon II) for integrated outlet mapping, allowing a user accessing a target server via a KVM switch to seamlessly control power to the target server.
A PX-CIM is required to make the connection between the PX PDU ("Serial Port") and a KVM switch.
Available PX-CIM Models
- PX-CIM-01 – For connecting PX PDU to Dominion KX II KVM switch.
- PX-CIM-02 – For connecting PX PDU to Paragon II and Dominion KX KVM switches.
Integration with Serial Switches
PX PDUs can be connected to serial console switches (Dominion SX) for integrated outlet mapping, allowing a user accessing a target serial device via a Serial switch to seamlessly control power to the target device.
A PX-SX CAT-5 cable (or adapter-cable) is required to make the connection between the PX PDU ("Serial Port") and a Dominion SX serial-console switch.
Available PX-SX Cables
- PX-SX-01 – A 1-foot RJ45-male to RJ45-female adapter cable. Use PX-SX-01 in conjunction with any length CAT-5e patch cord (not supplied).
- PX-SX-02 – A 10-foot RJ45-male to RJ45-male cable. Use PX-SX-02 to directly connect PX PDU and a Dominion SX serial-console switch.
KVM Switch, Server Rack, LAN management cables, KVM Switches, rackmount, computer rack