ComboXCAT is a modular KVM Drawer/Switch designed to answer today's needs for KVM management at the rack with built-in flexibility and modularity that supports growth.
ComboXCAT's core component is a single-port 1U rack-mount KVM Drawer, supporting either USB or PS/2 interfaces, designed to be connected to your existing KVM switch (or to one server) at the rack.
A modular KVM switch can also get mounted to the back of ComboXCAT, allowing it to control and access up to 32 servers – any mix of USB and PS/2 servers – at the rack, using only 1U of EIA rack space (1.75" high).
You can begin by deploying ComboXCAT connected to your existing KVM switch and add an integrated KVM switch of your choice in the future. This modular design supports easy upgrades as well. For example, you can replace your ComboX 8-port (coax-based) switch with a ComboCAT 32-Port switch while the KVM Console/Drawer remains installed in your rack.
ComboXCAT's modular design prevents your installation from being brought down in the event that a component fails. If the KVM switch is the culprit it can easily be replaced without dismantling the KVM Console/Drawer. If the console malfunctions – your servers remain connected and up-and-running while you replace the KVM Console/Drawer.
ComboXCAT is available in the following configurations:
- ComboXCAT (single-port)
- ComboCAT 8-Port (with integrated 8-port Cat5-based KVM switch)*
- ComboCAT 16-Port (with integrated 16-port Cat5-based KVM switch)*
- ComboCAT 32-Port (with integrated 32-port Cat5-based KVM switch)*
- ComboX 8-Port (with integrated 8-port coax-based KVM switch)**
- ComboX 16-Port (with integrated 16-port coax-based KVM switch)**
ComboXCAT modular KVM switches can be purchased separately:
- ComboCAT 8-Port (8-port Cat5-based KVM switch)*
- ComboCAT 16-Port (16-port Cat5-based KVM switch)*
- ComboCAT 32-Port (32-port Cat5-based KVM switch)*
- ComboX 8-Port (8-port coax-based KVM switch)**
- ComboX 16-Port (16-port coax-based KVM switch)**
* ComboCAT requires CCPs ("Dongles") to connect to servers – One CCP per server. CCPs are universal, supporting both USB and PS/2 interfaces.
** ComboX requires a coax KVM cable to connect to servers – One cable per server. ComboX cables are available with either USB interface or PS/2 interface, in lengths of 6-, 10- and 15-feet.