Rack-Mount Flat-Panel Consoles and Console/Switches.
Using only 1U of EIA rack space (1.75" high), Sylphit KVM drawers are designed for space-saving 19-inch rack-mount applications.
The integrated KVM switches in Sylphit SK-class console/switch models let administrators instantly access and control up to 256 servers (USB, PS/2, Sun) connected to the console – locally or remotely over IP.
Sylphit LCD consoles feature a fully functional Cherry laptop-style membrane keyboard with a dedicated numeric keypad, and an integrated touch-pad pointing device.
Sylphit KVM drawers also feature a front-folding laptop-style active TFT LCD flat-panel tilting display that requires little pullout to tilt open, and – as a result – doesn't protrude into the aisle space in front of the rack. Protected by anti-glare tempered glass, Sylphit flat screen can be tilted up and back to adjust to any comfortable viewing angle.
Equipped with industrial-grade, heavy-duty, self-locking slide-out rails with depth-adjustable rear mounting support, Sylphit KVM drawer can be mounted in any standard 19" 4-post rack available in the market.
Sylphit is available in a number of different models supporting various computing platforms, and various classes supporting unique functionalities:
- Sylphit-IP – Reamote access over IP (Internet, WAN, LAN) from a standard Web browser and local access at the rack controlling any mix of USB, Sun and PS/2 servers.
- Sylphit-MP – Support any mix of USB and PS/2 servers.
- Sylphit-USB – Support Intel-based USB servers and KVM switches with USB interface for keyboard and mouse.
- Sylphit-PS/2 – Support a large range of servers and KVM switches with PS/2 interface for keyboard and mouse.
Sylphit S-Class – A single-port console
KVM drawers with one port connection that are typically used to connect to a stand-alone KVM switch or to one computer.
Sylphit SK-Class – A multi-port console/switch (with integrated KVM switch)
Multi-port KVM drawers that come with a built-in 8- or 16-port KVM switch to control multiple servers at the rack.
Sylphit SK-Class ship with (8 or 16) 6-feet integrated (all-in-one) KVM cables used to connect the servers to the KVM switch. Additional KVM cables, up to 15-feet long, are optionally available.
Port expansion is supported via a dedicated cascading port that facilitates the connection of up to seven (7) more levels of KVM switches, to control up to 128 servers.
- Serial touch-screen models [designated "STS"] are available in PS/2 S-Class, featuring a serial RS232 port for touch-screen applications.
- A track-ball pointing device is available in PS/2 S-Class, featuring a 15-inch screen and a 105-key Windows keyboard with a dedicated numeric keypad.
- Dual-screen models [designated “VEXS”] are available in MP and USB models, featuring an extension to a 2nd monitor extended up to 150 feet away over a single CAT-5 cable.
Sylphit-Duo models feature a separate slide-out drawer for the keyboard and mouse, allowing having the display up and visible while the keyboard/mouse is "tucked in", occupying virtually no aisle space in front of the rack and allowing the screen to be visible through a (see-through) closed front door of an enclosed equipment rack.
Also known as: Rack-mount KVM drawer, LCD console, Sun USB keyboard monitor drawer, Rack-mount LCD monitor keyboard drawer, Sun KVM drawer, Rack-mount monitor keyboard, Rack-mount TFT LCD monitor, Rack-mount keyboard tray, Keyboard shelf, Folding monitor
KVM Switch, Server Rack, LAN management cables, KVM Switches, rackmount, computer rack